HEA10004: Digital Health Foundations
• Internet/website/search engine to search for online health information
• Mobile app to track a healthy eating plan/rehabilitation/mood
• Activity tracker to meet a health or fitness goal
• Social media forum to discuss a health topic
• Digital game to promote your own physical activity
• Having a virtual appointment with a doctor (e.g. skype)
This essay will help you bring together your learnings over the semester.HEA10004: Digital Health Foundations. It will help you to think about, approach and appreciate technology’s impact on health and wellbeing. It is designed to give you the opportunity to bring together what you know about digital health and what you have learnt over the modules of the semester.
Structure of your essay:
Using the following sub-headings to layout your final essay will you.
1. The Health/Wellbeing Context What was the health, or wellbeing challenge/issue you were managing? (approx. 1 paragraph)
2. My goal What was your desired goal for your health/wellness at the time? How/why did you think considering using technology would help you to achieve you goal? (approx. 1-2 paragraphs)
3. My Chosen Digital Health Technology What digital health technology did you use? Why? Describe this technology for us – what it is, how it works, what it is intended to do for people’s health (approx. 1-2 paragraphs)
4. How I Engaged with it How did you engage with this digital health technology to meet you health goal? Did it meet your expectations (yes/no)? Did it have the desired effects? Was the outcome positive or negative? Describe. (Approx.. 1-2 paragraphs)
5. Digital Trust If you were to have a discussion with someone else who was thinking of using the same type of technology as a part of their own health journey, what would have need to consider from a DIGITAL TRUST perspective? How would you advise them? E.g. What evidence of positive/negative outcomes exist out there? Quality? Is it safe? What are the privacy / security / confidentiality considerations? Ny ethical issues to be aware of? E.g. cultures, vulnerable populations, research. (approx. 2-3 paragraphs) HEA10004: Digital Health Foundations.
Be it a used or new solution, the quality of the work submitted by our assignment experts remains unhampered. You may continue to expect the same or even better quality with the used and new assignment solution files respectively. There’s one thing to be noticed that you could choose one between the two and acquire an HD either way. You could choose a new assignment solution file to get yourself an exclusive, plagiarism (with free Turnitin file), expert quality assignment or order an old solution file that was considered worthy of the highest distinction.
This unit introduces students to the changing world of health and health care in the context of the growing impact of information-communication technology (ICT). Students will familiarise themselves with various technologies that support working in digital health as a professional, as well as explore the digital health ecosystem supporting the health consumer’s journey. They will learn the importance of being critical about the role and impact of technology in health and appreciate the importance of applying evidence to evaluate the effectiveness of digital health endeavours. Technology’s role is also considered at the level of health professionals, and other stakeholders
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Describe and discuss contemporary models of healthcare in the digital age
2. Describe key components of the digital health ecosystem and technology landscape
3. Use technology to prepare and collate submissions of key learnings around the role and impact of digital health
4. Analyse evidence for a digitally enabled health system and defend a stance for its role and impact
5. Critically reflect and report on how health technology impacts personal health behaviours, supported by different sources of evidence
The focus of this Assignment is “Digital Trust” (privacy, security and ethics) HEA10004: Digital Health Foundations.
Choose to write about ONE technology you have engaged with.
– Internet/website/search engine to search for online health information
– Mobile app to track a healthy eating plan/rehabilitation/mood
– Activity tracker to meet a health or fitness goal
– Social media forum to discuss a health topic
– Digital game to promote your own physical activity
– Your experiences with My Health Record
– Having had a ‘Telehealth’ appointment with a doctor
Using the following sub-headings to layout your final essay will help you.
|1.||The Health/Wellbeing Context (your introduction)||What was your health or wellbeing challenge?|
|2.||My Goal (argument of the essay)||What was your goal for your health/wellness?|
|Why and how did you think technology would help you to achieve your goal?|
|3.||My Chosen Digital Health Technology||What digital health technology did you chose? Why?|
|Describe this technology– what it is?|
|How does it work?|
|How does it help people’s health?|
|4.||How I Engaged with it (main idea 2)||How did you engage with this digital health technology to meet your health goal?|
|Did it meet your expectations (yes/no)?|
|Why? (was the outcome positive or negative)?|
|5.||Digital Trust (main idea 3)||If you were to have a discussion with someone else who was thinking of using the same type of technology as part of their health journey, what would they need to consider from a digital trust perspective?|
|How would you advise them? (what does the literature say about positive or negative outcomes?|
|Quality? is it safe?|
|What are the privacy/security/confidentiality considerations?|
|Are there any ethical issues to be aware of? (cultures, vulnerable populations, research)|
|6.||Conclusion||The conclusion brings together all the main points of the essay|
Your ability to identify, analyse, reflect, evaluate and reason on the good and bad of different aspects of digital health – critically assess technology for health is an important skill. It will help to ensure that the future of digital health is evidence-based, no matter what you choose to study and career to pursue. HEA10004: Digital Health Foundations.