Gentamicin For Patients With Impaired Renal Function Essay
The dosage of Garamycin for patients with impaired nephritic map is adjusted to guarantee therapeutically optimum dose. If the normal day-to-day dosage of the drug for grownups is 3.5 mg/kg/day, administered in three divided doses, what would be the individual ( 8 hr ) dosage for a patient weighing 175 pound and scheduled to have merely 40 % of the usual dosage, based on nephritic damage? Gentamicin For Patients With Impaired Renal Function Essay.
Weight= 175/2.2= 79.545 kilogram
Daily dose= 79.545 ten 3.5= 278.4 mg/day
Single dose = 278.4/3 = 92.8 milligram
For this patient because of nephritic damage dosage = 92.8x 0.4=37.12 milligram a‰? 37 milligram
How many erythromycin capsules, each incorporating 250 milligram of Erythrocin, are needed to supply 30 mg/kg/day for one hebdomad for a individual weighing 165 pound?
Weigh = 165/2.2 = 75 kilogram
Entire measure required= 30 x 75 ten 7 = 15750 milligram
No. of capsules needed= 15750/ 250 =63 capsules
A medicine order calls for Nebcin sulphate ( TS ) , 1 mg/kg of organic structure weight, to be administered by IM injection to a patient weighing 214 pound. TS is available in a vial containing 60 milligram per 2 milliliter. How many milliliter of the injection should the patient receive?
ORDER A PLAGIARISM -FREE PAPER NOW
Weigh = 214/2.2 = 97.27 kilogram
Measure of medicine required= 97.27x 1= 97.27 milligram
60 mg 2 milliliter
No. of milliliter needed = 2 x 97.27/ 60 = 3.24a‰? 3.2 milliliter
If a 3 twelvemonth old kid weighing 33 lb by chance ingested 20 – 81 milligram ASA tablets, how much acetylsalicylic acid did the kid ingest on a mg per kilogram footing?
Weight = 33/2.2= 15 kilogram
Sum of Aspirin ingested = 20 x 81 = 1620 milligram
In milligram per kg = 1620/ 15= 108 mg/kg
An anticancer intervention includes amethopterin ( MTX ) , 40 mg/m2 of organic structure surface country one time per hebdomad for 8 hebdomads. How many gms of MTX would a 160 pound patient, 5 foot, 10 inches tall, receive during this class of therapy? Gentamicin For Patients With Impaired Renal Function Essay.
Weight = 160/2.2= 72.727a‰? 72.73 kilogram
Height = 5 ten 12 + 10 = 70 inch = 70 ten 2.54 = 177.8 centimeter
Body surface country =a‰?a?s 72.73x 177.8/3600 = 1.895a‰? 1.9 M2
Weekly dose = 40 ten 1.9 =76 mg/ hebdomad
Medicine required for 8 hebdomads = 76 ten 8 = 608 milligram = 0.608 gram
6. A patient requires the following Orasone regimen as portion of his malignant neoplastic disease intervention:
Prednisone 2 mg/kg po daily on yearss 1-4 / hebdomad x 6 hebdomads
Calculate the entire milligram of Orasone taken per hebdomad by the patient who weighs 175 pound.
Weight = 175/ 2.2 = 79.545a‰? 79.55 kilogram
Prednisone needed = 2 x 79.55 ten 4= 636.Mg
If the patient prefers prednisone unwritten solution to tablets, how many milliliter of the solution
( 5 mg/mL ) should be dispensed hebdomadally?
5 mgaˆ¦aˆ¦aˆ¦aˆ¦aˆ¦aˆ¦aˆ¦aˆ¦aˆ¦ . in 1 milliliter
636 milligram — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — ?
No. of milliliter needed = 636 /5 = 127.2 milliliter
The normal K degree in the blood plasma is 17 milligram % . Express this concentration in footings of meqs per litre.
8. Ammonium chloride ( NH4Cl – MW 53.5 ) is to be used as a urinary acidifier with a dosage of 165 milliequivalents. How many 500 mg tablets should be administered?
9. A patient was administered 150 milliliter of D5W at a rate of 25 mL/hr. If the extract was begun at 8 am, what clip was it completed?
10. A druggist receives a medicine order for 300,000 U of penicillin G K to be added to 500 milliliter of D5W. The waies on the 1,000,000 U vial province that if 1.6 milliliter of dissolver are added, the solution will mensurate 2 milliliter. How many milliliter of the solution must be withdrawn and added to the D5W?
11. A 15 kilogram baby requires a uninterrupted extract of a drug to run at 1 milliliters / hr to present 3 microgram of drug / kilogram per minute. Calculate the mgs of drug that must be added to a 100 milliliter endovenous extract solution.
12. A physician orders a 2-g phial of a drug to be added to 500 milliliter of D5W. Gentamicin For Patients With Impaired Renal Function Essay. If the disposal rate is 145 milliliter per hr, how many milligram of the drug will the patient receive per minute?
13. If the lading dosage of diphenylhydantoin in kids is 20 mg/kg of organic structure weight to be infused at a rate of 1.5 mg/kg/min, over how many proceedingss should the dosage be administered to a 40 pound kid?
14. How many gms of salicylic acid do you necessitate to add to 25 gms of 5 % salicylic acerb unction to do a 12 % salicylic acid unction?
15. A 5ft 10 ” , 180 pound patient requires a drug dosed at 15 milligram / m2 three times daily. The drug is available as a 5 milligram / milliliter suspension. How many milliliter does the patient necessitate each twenty-four hours?
16. How many milliequivalent of NaCl are present in a 500 milliliter bag of normal saline ( 0.9 % NaCl ) ? MW – 58.5
17. In what proportion should you blend 5 % KCl solution with a 12 % KCl and 9 % KCl solutions to do a 6 % KCl solution?
18. From the above inquiry, how many milliliter of each ingredient would you need to do 3 liters of the 6 % solution?
19. What is the concluding concentration when you add 50 gms of impersonal base to 150 gms of 2.5 % ( w/w ) cortisol pick?
20. How many milliliter of H2O do you necessitate to add to thin a 1:300 solution to 1:1500?
21. A druggist adds 12 milliliter of a 35 % ( w/v ) solution of a drug to 500 milliliter of a D5W for parenteral extract. What is the per centum strength of the drug in the extract solution?
22. How many milliliter of a 0.9 % ( w/v ) solution of Na chloride can be prepared from 75 tablets, each incorporating 3 g of NaCl?
23. If 240 milliliter of a solution for patient-controlled anethesia contains 105 milligram of morphia sulphate and 15 milligram of droperidol, calculate the per centum strength of each of these ingredients in the solution.
24. An ophthalmic solution is preserved with 0.00048 % ( w/v ) of an antibacterial. Express this concentration as a ratio strength.
25. Cipro unwritten suspension contains 250 milligram Cipro per 5 milliliter. A physician prescribed 175 milligram qid x 7 yearss. How many milliliter will the patient receive with each dosage? What is the entire figure of milliliters dispensed for this prescription? Gentamicin For Patients With Impaired Renal Function Essay.
26. How many gms of KCl should you add to do 475 milliliter of a solution where 25 milliliter diluted to 165 milliliter makes a 1:350 solution?
27. How many gms of fluoruracil will a 182 lb patient receive over 7 consecutive yearss at a dose rate of 12 mg/kg/day?
28. A patient weighing 145 pound was administered 2.6 g of a drug supposed to be dosed at 25 milligram / kilogram. Was the dosage administered right, or was it an overdose or underdose?
29. The dosage of mitomycin injection is 22 mg/m2 per twenty-four hours. Determine the day-to-day dosage for a patient who weighs 165 pound and measures 5 foot 5 inches.
30. A patient has a Na shortage of 180 milliequivalents. How many milliliter of isosmotic NaCl solution ( 0.9 % w/v ) should be administered to replace the shortage?
31. How many milliliter of a 3 % w/v solution of ammonium chloride ( NH4Cl – MW 53.5 ) should be administered IV to a patient to supply 80 milliequivalent?
32. How many milliliter of H2O should be added to 600 milliliter of 15 % ethyl alcohol ( w/v ) to thin it to 12 % ethyl alcohol ( w/v ) ?
ORDER A PLAGIARISM -FREE PAPER NOW
33. What is the concluding concentration when you mix the following unctions?
15 g of 12 % ( w/w ) oint
10 g of 16 % ( w/w ) oint
25 g of 4 % ( w/w ) oint
34. In what proportion should you blend 12 % , 9 % , 4 % and 1 % HC unction to acquire a 5 % HC unction?
35. You receive the undermentioned prescription. The patient expected to have a larger measure. You call the doctor to verify the measure and he tells you that he needs you to do every bit much as you can.Gentamicin For Patients With Impaired Renal Function Essay. You tell him that you have 3 gms of camphor. He needs to cognize how much of the concluding compound you can do. Calculate how much menthol you will necessitate every bit good as the entire measure of the prescription you can intensify.
camphor 0.5 %
menthol 2 %
glaxal base Q 250 milliliter
36. Calculate the measure of each ingredient required for the undermentioned prescription:
coal pitch 26 parts
amylum 18 parts
petroleum jelly 41 parts
Entire measure – 2.2 pound
37. What is the % strength ( w/v ) of ephedrine sulphate if 225 milliliter contains 36 gms of ephedrine sulphate?
38. How many mgs of NaCl should be added to 0.45 L of H2O to do a 0.9 % NaCl solution?
39. Convert 3:2000 to mg / milliliter.
40. You want to thin 85 milliliter of a 1:35 solution ( w/v ) to 750 milliliter. What will the ratio strength be ( w/v ) ?
41. How many gms of KCl should be used to fix 650 milliliter of a stock solution such that 8 milliliters diluted to 1000 milliliter yields a 1:750 solution?
42. In what proportion should 20 % ethyl aminobenzoate be mixed with a 2.5 % benzocaine unction to do an 8 % unction?
43. If you have 15 gms of the 20 % ethyl aminobenzoate, how much of the above 8 % benzocaine unction can you do?
44. A solution contains 260 milligram of Na+ ions / L. How many milliequivalents are represented in 500 milliliter of solution?
45. A druggist receives a medicine order for 200,000 U of Penicillin G K to be added to 500 milliliter of D5W. Directions on the 1,000,000 U bundle province that if 1.6 milliliter of dissolver is added, the established solution will mensurate 2 milliliter. How many milliliter of the established solution must be withdrawn and added to the D5W? Gentamicin For Patients With Impaired Renal Function Essay.