Educational plan assignment
THIS REQUIRES A VIDEO AS WELL FOLLOW DIRECTIONS AND RUBRIC– MUST HAVE AMERICAN ACCENT FOR VIDEO CLIP SOUTHERN ACCENT
- Review the Patient Portal Snapshot Scenario. Select one patient for your assessment. Prepare an individualized patient-focused handout for that patient that incorporates care coordination. For the video component of the assessment, you can use the Brightspace video tool or submit a .mp4. Please note the Brightspace video tool is limited to 3 minutes but the video can be submitted in 2 parts.
As a nurse at Memorial Hospital–a large city hospital, you provide care to diverse patients. As you work the nursing units at the hospital, you engage with the electronic health records of hundreds of patients each day as a way of accessing, recording, and developing guidelines for safe and quality patient care. Today, you have accessed a patient portal to help you develop and design educational materials for your patient. As you review the pertinent information in the patient portal, you begin considering how you will communicate these educational materials to your patient. After gathering your thoughts and obtaining the necessary history and medical needs of your patient, you are ready to create and deliver this educational plan to your patient.
BUY A PLAGIARISM-FREE PAPER HERE
This assessment has two-parts. Click each of the items below to complete this assessment.
Design and create an educational plan (brochure or pamphlet) that addresses the following:
- Include relevant health information necessary to educate your patient on their healthcare needs.
- Describe and define the health diagnoses, treatments, and at least one medication listed in the patient portal
- Explain relevant statistics and individual health vital signs related to the patient’s medical history
- Explain additional sources of support for patients with similar health needs/diagnoses
- Consider the context of your individual patient, and be sure to include any recommendations on how to access sources of support based on racial/ethnic background or culture, socioeconomic status, educational background, health literacy and linguistic proficiency
- Be sure to adhere to health literacy guidelines for your individual patient.
- Make sure to address each of the six areas from the “Checklist for Easy-to Understand Print Materials”
- Your educational plan should be visually appealing and relevant to your individual patient.
- Be sure to support the development of your educational plan by consulting and referencing 3- 5 scholarly references.
- Length of the educational plan: 1- to 2-pages; include a separate page for you reference list. Educational plan assignment
When delivering your educational plan to your patient, include the following:
- Record a 3- to 5-minute video presentation detailing how you would communicate this educational plan to your patient.
- Be sure to incorporate patient-centered care strategies in the design and delivery of your educational plan.
- Be sure to not just read the educational plan you created, but rather, consider how you would engage with your patient based on health literacy, culture, and background when educating your patient based on their health needs
- Include a plan for care coordination.
- Explain your plan for care coordination based on the educational plan you developed.
- Be sure to speak clearly and confidently when presenting your educational plan to your patient.
Educational plan assignment