- Give a brief overview of the case (1 paragraphs)
- Research malpractice claims. What must the patient/family be able to prove in order to win the case? (1-2 paragraphs using outside research 1-2 sources)
- In your opinion, did Dr. Harris show negligence in Mrs. Taylor’s medical care and why? (1 paragraph)
- Multiple people and or teams were involved in the care of Mrs. Taylor. Identify ALL individuals/teams involved. Given what you have learned about teams in the previous week, would this be considered a team, collaboration, or a mix of both and why? Identify the sentinel event in the case? Could this have been prevented why or why not? (1-2 paragraphs)
BUY A PLAGIARISM-FREE PAPER HERE
- Switch gears, you are now the patient’s family. Explain how you feel and what you feel went wrong. (1-2 paragraphs)
- Lastly, you are a healthcare administrator review the malpractice case. You have heard both Dr. Harris’s side and the family’s side. What are your final conclusions on the case? (1 paragraph)
- In 1-2 sentences release public statement from the hospital addressing the incident. Be sure to respect HIPPAA and do not release specific information pertaining to the case.
- If you were the family would you be satisfied with the public statement that was released and why? (1 paragraph)
Must be APA format and include citations for any outside information used.